Dear me in five years

 By: Nobukhosi Tshabalala

Twitter: @n_tshabalala_

Email address: ayakhosi32@gmail.com









Dear myself am writing this to ensure and cover all my abilities as my future is looking all good and to remind you of all the most important things. Its never too late for big dreams. It is been a crazy 3 years of my life trying to get on the right track but it was fading away though now it seems like everything is going all good. This year has been a crazy one. You learned what love really means, the lengths to which friendship can be tested and lost. You became stronger than before. 

You are happy that you have made the decision to continue with your studies. The feeling of fulfillment , having to accomplish what you set out in the past years coming out wonderful its one of your goals. You dream and have goals in your life. When you were still young you used to have aspirations of being a teacher but you came to that part to see that if you need to achieve all this you have to follow some other steps. This included graduating from University and finding a perfect job.

Expectations in 5 years is to see myself well educated and living my life to the fullest. In 1 year I want to read this story again. I am writing it so I can remember how I feel right now, if my future self is anything like my past self I won't read this. I have big expectations for myself. Life is too short. Take deep breath, look around . Do you see any barriers blocking your view to your future? Look closer, grab any grazing flower and listen to the birds singing and appreciate that cause no one is so fortunate enough to be able to hear and enjoy that experience then tell yourself you will make it.

 You spend all your childhood yearning to be an adult, impatiently waiting for any obstacles coming your way. Embrace all your learnings and cherish your experiences because they truly are divinely granted. Life is a gift, not something that is a given, so enjoy every second while you are here. No regrets. You were and are and have been here and always be your true self, that's what matters above all. Set goals, both short and reasonable. Move your body. Give yourself bells and never forget to be grateful. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE PRICE OF SUCCESS IS HARD WORK

Taunted for my dark skin, I long hated myself and longed for a lighter complexion